NEW INFORMATION · NEW INFORMATION · NEW INFORMATION
One of the great events in the Year of Faith will be the Day for the Movements with the Holy Father, which will take place in 18 and 19 May 2013 at St Peter’s Square, Rome (Italy).
Now, the election of our new Pope Francis will make this appointment more expected and participated.
So, in view of this special meeting with the Supreme Pontiff, ICCRS has planned—in collaboration with the most representatives Italian Charismatic realities—a special programme ‘Pentecost of the Nations’ to be held in the afternoon of Sunday, 19th of May, for all those in the CCR who will come to Rome at Pentecost, from all over the world. The celebration will be held at St. Paul Basilica Outside the Walls.
Here a summary of the various meetings:
- Saturday morning, 18 May: Pilgrimage to the Tomb of the Apostle Peter · St Peter Basilica.
- Saturday afternoon, 18 May: Pentecost Vigil with the Holy Father · St Peter Square.
- Sunday morning, 19 May: Solemn Eucharistic Celebration with the Holy Father · St Peter Square.
- Sunday afternoon, 19 May: ICCRS ‘Pentecost of the Nations’ Celebration · St Paul Outside the Walls Basilica.
‘PENTECOST OF THE NATIONS’ CELEBRATION
ST PAUL BASILICA · 19 MAY
Here the tentative programme of the ‘Pentecost of the Nations’ Celebration on 19 May at St Paul Basilica:
- 13.30 Welcome (opening the door of the Basilica)
- 15.00 Praise and worship
- 1st Meditation: “They were all filled with the Holy Spirit: Pentecost yesterday and today” (cf. Acts 2:4), by Mons. Joseph Malagrecca, USA + Testimony
- 2nd Meditation: “Pentecost and the Charismatic Renewal in the Third Millenium”, by Fr Raniero Cantalamessa, Italy + Testimony
- Parade of the Nations and solemn invocation of the Holy Spirit
1. FLAGS & COSTUMES: We invite the attendees to bring their traditional costumes and national flags for the Parade of the Nations. It will be a picturesque opportunity to rejoice in the Lord with their own folk expressions.
Venue & Accomodation
Please notice that ICCRS will not provide or organise accommodation for this event or transportation from the airport to the venue and during the stay in Rome during the events.
DIRECTIONS TO REACH ST PAUL OUTSIDE THE WALLS BASILICA
· FROM ST PETER SQUARE:
By bus: walk until the bus stop P.ZA PIA/CONCILIAZIONE and take the bus 23 (PINCHERLE/PARRAVANO), then get off at OSTIENSE / LGT S. PAOLO.
By subway: walk until OTTAVIANO station and take the LINEA B (LAURENTINA), then get off at BASILICA DI SAN PAOLO.
· FROM TERMINI:
By bus: take the bus 170 (AGRICOLTURA), then get off at MARCONI/EDISON and walk until the basilica.
By subway: take the LINEA B (LAURENTINA), then get off at BASILICA DI SAN PAOLO.
The ICCRS celebration at St Paul Basilica will be free of charge for the participation and will not need entrance tickets.
· VISA: For this occasion, ICCRS is not able to send invitation letters for visa to enter Italy, since people should come mainly to event with the Pope. Therefore, everyone has to process the visa personally.
PILGRIMAGE, VIGIL AND MASS WITH THE HOLY FATHER
ST PETER BASILICA/SQUARE · 18-19 MAY
Download the programme of the Pontifical events at St Peter Basilica and Square: